Although the Chinese food we have the opportunity to taste here is not what the Chinese really eat, let’s call this dish Chinese, because in every Chinese restaurant in Serbia you will find something similar on the menu.
You can read about what you will really have a chance to try in China in Gluten free in Beijing post on my blog. Until you decide to book your flight to Beijing, let your imagination run wild and experiment. The basics of Chinese cuisine are certainly plenty of cooked vegetables and soy sauce, and you’ll definitely find that in this sweet-salty chicken.
The sweet-salty chicken with peanuts
Write a review
- 300g chicken breast
- 300g cabbage
- 1/2 leek
- 1 smaller squash
- 1 teaspoon salt
- olive oil for frying
- 1 cup rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 100ml of water
- Put two and a half cups of water and one cup of rice in a pan and let the rice cook over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes. Cover the rice and remove from heat.
- Chop the meat into cubes, pour some olive oil into the pan and simmer with the meat over medium heat. Pour in a little bit of water (about 100ml), cover and let the meat cook. Stir occasionally.
- In a wok pan, heat some olive oil, reduce heat and add chopped leek. When the leek get soften, add the chopped zucchini and cabbage. Stir and cover. Let it cook for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- When the meat is done, remove it on a plate and set aside. Pour 100ml of water into the frying pan and add a mixture of soy sauce, honey, mustard and flour. Stir on a low heat until all ingredients are combined well and start to thicken. Return the meat to the pan and mix it with the sauce.
- Serve vegetables in a plate, add meat and peanuts over it. Serve rice separately or mix it with vegetables.
- - When making the sauce, first mix the mustard and honey well, then add the soy sauce and flour.
- - Add peanuts when serving to keep them fresh.
Gluten Free Tea https://glutenfree-tea.com/
(Visited 316 times, 1 visits today)